National Diploma in Dental Nursing awarded by NEBDN
Next Start Date:
- Monday Batch: 15th of March 2021
- Saturday Batch: 17th of April 2021
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN DENTAL NURSING AWARDED BY NEBDN CAN BE ALSO COMPLETED VIA DISTANCE LEARNING, THROUGH OUR WEBSITE.
If you wish to enrol on the distance learning course, please contact us directly on 02086163850 / 07522830495 or alternatively please drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course length: 12 months (part time basis)
- Monday Batch Lectures are held every Monday between 18 – 21 pm
- Saturday Batch Lectures are held every other Saturday between 9am-14pm
The National Diploma in Dental Nursing is 12 months which is covering both the theoretical & practical aspects of the dental nurse’ surgery duties.
The course is comprised of a Practical Portfolio which needs to be completed in at least 3 months of dental experience (either part time or full time).
The awarding body for the National Diploma in Dental Nursing qualification is the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN.) PDS is an accredited NEBDN training centre.
Qualification Exam: Held at the NEBDN
Comprised of two parts:
a) Theoretical exam comprised of 125 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Extended Matching Questions (EMQs).
b) Practical exam called OSCE (objective structured clinical examination) comprised of 8 to 10 practical stations of 5 min/ each. -Exam Prep session held at the College prior to the Exam.
Who Should Attend?
- People without any previous experience or dental knowledge, interested in becoming a dental nurse
- Unqualified dental nurses already working as dental nurses
- Qualified but unregistered dental nurses who wish to obtain a dental nursing qualification and be registered with the GDC
- Overseas qualified dentists wishing to work as dental nurses in the UK
We have 2 intakes per year for our National Diploma in Dental Nursing course (March / April and September / October). Check our website or call us on 02086163850 for start dates.
How to Book:
- You will need to attend an enrolment at our Head Office in Edgware HA8
- You will then have a 1:1 interview with a member of our training team for approx. 1 hr and 15 min.
- To book an enrolment, please contact us on 02086163850 or 07522830495.
- £ 1400. 00 (if paid in full)
- £ 1449.00 (if paid in 5 monthly instalments- £ 449 paid at the enrolment, followed by the next 5 monthly payments worth of £ 200/each)
BONUS!!! Get a £ 20 voucher for each recommendation (once your friend or relative is enrolled in our College, you will automatically get a £ 20 voucher to use on your next instalment payment).
PLEASE NOTE that the Exam fee and the application for e-ROE (Record of Experience) are to be paid to NEBDN (not to the College)
£ 60.00 e-ROE
Exam Fee: £485 (including both written and practical-OSCE Exams)
The course fee is not either partly or fully refundable to you at any point you decide to leave the course
- Structure of the Dental Profession &The Dental Nurse
- ROE & Dental Charting
- Health and Safety in the Dental Workplace
- Legal and ethical Issues- GDC Standards of the dental team
- Medical Emergencies
- Microbiology and Pathology
- Infection Control and Cleanliness
- General Anatomy and Physiology
- Head and Neck Anatomy and Physiology
- Oral Anatomy and Physiology
- Oral Diseases
- Oral Health Assessment and Diagnosis & Dental Radiography
- Oral Health promotion and disease prevention
- Pain and Anxiety Control
- Restorative Dentistry
- Extractions and Minor Oral Surgery