National Certificate in Oral Health Education awarded by NEBDN – ONLINE
- ANY TIME
Course length: 6 months (part time basis)
The National Certificate in Oral Health Education (ONLINE / Distance Learning COURSE) is a 6-month online modules course which is covering the theoretical aspects of an oral health educator.
The course is comprised of a Record of Competence (ROC) which is composed of 7 PCAs (4 of these must be seen on at least 2 occasions) 1 Case Study, 1 Exhibition and 2 Supplementary Outcomes
The awarding body for the National Certificate in Oral Health Education qualification is the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN.) PDS is an accredited NEBDN training centre.
Held twice per year either in March or September. All Post-Reg Exams are held at our Venue in Edgware. PDS is the 5th NEBDN accredited exam centre in London.
NEBDN Theoretical Exam is a 90-minute examination composed of 45 MCQs and 30 EMQs
Course Modules Formal Assessment:
Every Module is completed by an MCQ assessment. You must reach 80% of each assessment to be legible to print the module completion certificate, however you will have unlimited assessment trials, in case of failing the assessment.
Who Should Attend?
- Qualified Dental Nurses and Registered with the GDC, willing to become an Oral Health Educator
- Dental Nurses registered with the GDC, willing to become an Oral Health Educator
- Any time
How to Book:
- You will need to attend an enrolment at our Head Office in Edgware HA8 or alternatively to enrol online
- IF ENROLLING AT THE HEAD OFFICE: You will then have a 1:1 interview with a member of our training team for approx. 1 hr and 15 min.
- To book an enrolment, please contact us on 02086163850 or 07522830495.
£689 (Including VAT-if paid in full)
£699 (Including VAT-if paid in 3 monthly instalments (£399 enrolment fee, followed by the next 3 monthly instalment payments worth of £100/each).
Please note that NEBDN Exam & ROC Fees (£195) are not included in the course fee. These fees are payable to NEBDN (and not to the College).
E-Learning Certificate of Competency Courses: Terms and Conditions
1) The course, course material and resources are available from the start date specified in the course information once enrolment and payment have been processed. All course due dates and end dates are specified in the course information. After the course end date, access to information and resources for the course will no longer be available.
2) To extend your subscription to the E-Learning Certificate of Competency courses, the following are available:
a) A one (1)-month subscription extension at the cost of 20% of the course fee. EXTEND WITH 1 MONTH
b) A three (3)-month subscription extension at the cost of 50% of the course fee. EXTEND WITH 3 MONTHS
The course fee is not either partly or fully refundable to you at any point you decide to leave the course
|Week no:||Course schedule:||Topic:|
|Module 1||Between Saturday the 6th & Sunday the 7th of March 2021 (any time)||The Oral Cavity|
|Module 2||Between Saturday the 10th & Sunday the 11th of April 2021 (any time)||Dental Caries and Periodontal Diseases|
|Module 3||Between Saturday the 8th & Sunday the 9th of May 2021 (any time)||Other Diseases of the Oral Cavity|
|Module 4||Between Saturday the 5th & Sunday the 6th of June 2021 (any time)||Essentials of Oral Health Education|
|Module 5||Between Saturday the 26th & Sunday the 27th of June 2021 (any time)||Patient Groups|
|Module 6||Between Saturday the 17th & Sunday the 18th of July 2021 (any time)||Becoming an Oral Health Educator|
|Module 7||Between Saturday the 7th & Sunday the 8th of August 2021||Legal and Ethical Issues|
|MOCK EXAM 1||PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MOCK EXAM 1 WILL BE HELD ONLINE, DATE TO BE CONFIRMED ONCE ENROLLED ON THE COURSE||MOCK EXAM 1|
|MOCK EXAM 2||PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MOCK EXAM 2 WILL BE HELD ONLINE, DATE TO BE CONFIRMED ONCE ENROLLED ON THE COURSE||MOCK EXAM 2|
- The Oral Cavity
- Dental Caries and Periodontal Diseases
- Other Diseases of the Oral Cavity
- Essentials of Oral Health Education
- Patient Groups
- Becoming an Oral Health Educator
- Legal and Ethical Issues