Topical fluoride varnish application competency certificate – CLASS BASED
Next Start Date:
- Sunday 28th of March 2021 (pm session)
Course length: 1 FULL DAY
1 FULL THEORY SESSION, FOLLOWED BY A PCP (Practical Competence Portfolio) to be completed within the next 12 weeks.
PDS Venue, HA8
The Fluoride Varnish Application Competency Certificate (CLASS BASED) is a 1 FULL DAY course which is covering the theoretical and practical aspects of an extended duties dental care professional.
The course is comprised of a Practical Competence Portfolio (PCP) which is composed of 10 Fluoride Varnish Applications (a mixture between children and adults) and 2 Case Studies (between 700 and 900 words).
The theory session is completed by an MCQ assessment.
Who Should Attend?
- Qualified Dental Nurses and Registered with the GDC
- Dental Nurses registered with the GDC
- Hygienists, therapists, or orthodontic therapists registered with the GDC
We have 4 intakes per year for our Fluoride Varnish Application Competency Certificate. Check our website or call us on 02086163850 /07522830495 for start dates.
How to Book:
- You will need to attend an enrolment at our Head Office in Edgware HA8
- You will then have a 1:1 interview with a member of our training team for approx. 1 hr and 15 min.
- To book an enrolment, please contact us on 02086163850 or 07522830495.
£200 (Including VAT).
The course fee is not either partly or fully refundable to you at any point you decide to leave the course
- Clinical patient management, patient care, standards, communication.
- Scope of practice, consent.
- Delivery of the correct knowledge, content, and application of Delivering Better Oral Health, together with an explanation of the use of evidence-based statements.
- Principles of oral health education and promotion.
- History, use and benefits of fluoride.
- Clinical evidence in support of the use of fluoride varnish
- Carious process and fluoride’s role in preventing occurrence/recurrence.
- Dental anatomy in health and disease.
- Contraindications for the use of fluoride varnish and fluoride toxicity.
- Application of fluoride varnish.
Content available only for logged in students. Click here to login